Thursday, June 25, 2009

Horseshoes and Handgrenades


Well not so much the handgrendes as the horseshoes.
Our boss of the boss decided he wanted to treat his group to a 'team build.' We went out to the park during a very extended lunch and played horseshoes and ate hotdogs and hamburgers. There were 120 people playing in this horseshoe tournament. Unfortunantly, my teamate, Brynn, and I lost first round. Oh well. I'm getting paid to do this, so I suppose in this case everyone's a winner.

It was also okay because that meant that I had more time to eat food! I had way too many hotdogs, and only one burger. Everybody knows that in the war between hotdogs and hamburgers, hotdogs always win. They are definitely the true american food. Some will disagree, but I will ask them, can you get a hamburger at a basball game? No you can't.

After that they sent us home early. So yeah, not my most productive day, but it's okay because it was mandated by my boss. After work, we tried to hike some, but it was raining the whole time. We hiked about 2 hours until we were totally soaked, and then went to Sicily's for their incredible pizza buffet.

Other interns that work in the same bullpin as me: Billy(OSU), Mike(MTU), and Kirsten(UT).

1 comment:

  1. You can totally get a burger at a baseball game. BUT, you can't dunk the burger in your beer glass like you can a hot dog. Thus, hot dog wins. Of course, it has to be a mystery meat hot dog. None of that all beef Kosher shit.

    Speaking of food, have you been to the Moose's Tooth yet? If not, you should go. That place kicks ass.

    ReplyDelete