Friday, June 19, 2009

Hike over Anchorage and the missile base

I had another successful hike to the not so great unknown mountainous parts of Alaska. I had heard about some great views of Anchorage from the top of this hike and that it wasn't too hard, so I invited all the interns to go as a group. We ended up with seven people: Me, Kirsten, Joey, Aubrey, Mike, Mike's wife Jessie, and their baby Lilly. It was a good group. Joey and Kirsten were still in the mindset of hiking in Texas, so they both wore shorts. I know that there were times on the hike where I was a little cold wearing pants, long sleeved shirt and a jacket, so they must have been freezing! Really, it was the wind and lack of direct sunlight that made it cold. This was supposed to be one of the windiest parts of Anchorage.

Before we got to the top, the Mike Morgan family decided to turn back because the baby was heavy. I don't blame them. I don't think I would want to carry a baby either! The view from the top was very nice, and it was cool to see all of Anchorage as if I was looking at Google Earth.

Pictures!

Aubrey, Kirsten, And Joey hiking up

On the top with Anchorage behind us

On the top

No comments:

Post a Comment