Wednesday, June 24, 2009

55 deg windy and raining = Good Alaskan Ride

Instead of describing my ride yesterday I have made a wishlist instead.

Kenneth's Wishlist for Cycling in Alaska:
  • full fingered gloves
  • wind proof vest
  • rain coat
  • cycling pants
  • cycling bib knickers
  • better chain lube (I've tried 3 so far, none work well enough)
  • thicker socks
  • better base layer
  • shoe covers
  • non-white bibs
  • clear sunglasses lenses
  • common sense

Of course, I could buy all this stuff at a local bike shop (yes, they sell common sense, but I don't recommend that product because it makes you slower). But the bike shops close at 6:00.... and I'm riding until 10:00.

Usually, if it rains, I head straight for home. Yesterday, I wanted to do 50 miles. At first, I was avoiding the rain squalls like a ninja avoiding throwing stars. Then I got hit by the Daddy storm. As my fingers went numb and I started to shiver, I just smiled. Alaska is fun. I did 60 miles instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment