Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Halo Training

It has been raining in Austin for around the last week on and off. This makes it extremely hard to ride. On one hand, it is not raining when I can't ride, which makes me want to ride. But then, when I can it is always raining! So lately, I have resorted to riding my trainer, which is never that fun. But Nick came up with an amazing idea the other night: halo training. This is where I ride my trainer and play Halo at the same time. It is absolutely the most fun, ever. A great study break for sure. I have depicted below what I think this looks like. Master Chief shooting up the bad guys on a bike. The bike happens to be one that was designed by Thomas Edison.

I found that positioning my body to use a controller and ride at the same time can be quite difficult. I either put my forearms down on the handlebars, or just sit up and spin with no hands. I also have to be careful not to sweat on the controllers! I have also found that when there are lots of bad dudes to kill, I find my legs stop as I concentrate on the game. I'll have to work to keep my legs moving!

Forgive my poor Photoshop skills, I'm an engineer, not a graphic designer.



1 comment:

  1. I do something similar to this, except I play F-Zero.

    It works out pretty well! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete