Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sickness - blickness

So I have been sick for the last week. I think I just have a common cold, although I have been telling everyone that I have the swine flu so that they will think Im that hard core. The worst part about being sick is probably blowing my nose in class. I can't help it. It's a necessity if I don't want a respiratory infection, but the professors just don't understand. I went to office hours the other day and my prof. said, "Oh yeah, you're the guy that blows his nose all the time. What do YOU want?"

And also I can't ride my bike. Ally will tell you that my bike and I have a semi-platonic connection: when I can't ride, I tend to be cranky and irritable. So for the last week I have been sick, cranky, irritable, and blow my nose a lot. Let's just say I'm not the greatest person to be around.

Yesterday was the first time that I have felt good enough to get on the bike. Today, I rode with Michael Carey. We had a nice ride out east even though it was windy. Michael has been playing a lot of tennis, and it seemed the strokes weren't helping his fitness. I made him hurt even though he is a stronger rider than me. On the way back, I ran into Lance Armstrong. I said hey to him and we talked a little about the UT cycling team. I was riding next to him not paying attention, and all of a sudden, he says, "Well, this is my house, so...uh.... see ya i guess." I said, "Oh okay cool, well.... I have no idea where I am...." He asked me whether I would be able to get back, and I assured him that I could, even though I had no idea where I was. After wandering around for about 45 min, (after a 3 hr ride) I called Stark and had him come pick me up. I don't know that getting lost was worth it to talk to Lance, but whatever, I guess there are a lot of people that would kill to get to talk to him. Now, TEXAS FIGHT!!!! Time for the football game!

3 comments: