Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rest Week

This last week has been a cycling rest week for me.  After 4 weeks of at least 15 hours of riding each week, I was feeling like it might be time.  This left me plenty of time to catch up on YouTube videos, TV programs, and drinking beer.

Not only was this break good for me physically, but also emotionally. I feel like I am ready to "rage" on my bike again.  Rage means go fast and hard.  I will be doing five weeks of solid training before I have another rest week, and then the season starts! I will not be totally trained and ready for racing until March, but the early season races will help me prepare for this.

In other news, I convinced Ally to get a new phone, and NOT get an iPhone!  She ended up with an Android based phone, which is definitely the have to have phone of 2011. Plus Verizon probably won't get the iPhone until July of next year.  And the iPhone, while good, is not AS good as the Droid phones.  So now I have a DroidX and she has the Droid Incredible.  Hopefully she will still acknowledge my existence even though she has a smartphone.

I only work two days this week and then I am off for Christmas for 5 days. It will be nice to see the family and exchange presents. I am sad that I will miss skiing this year, but now that I don't have Christmas vacation for a month, it's harder to plan around a long trip.  Maybe next year, if I can still have vacation by that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment