Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Training for 2011!!!! (Actually NO)

I had everything completely reading for Operacion Training 2011 (J/K!). Yearly training plan. Bike Upgrades! New chain. Year supply of EPO (wait... wut?) Ready to go like never before. Motivation at 201.45%. Last Friday was my first real day back on the bike.... and then I get sick! Sicker than a dog, sicker than Guru Nanak Dev. Well not that sick, but sick enough to keep me off the bike for four very painful days.

Ally was telling me the whole time to wait and not ride, that I was going to make it worse. Of course she, in her infinite wisdom of all things medical, was right, but I wasn't about to let her know it. She decided that tough love was the answer as well, telling me to stop whining and that I'm not really that sick, to suck it up. In hindsight I appreciate her rock hard attitude of not letting me just sleep all day, but nevertheless karma (thanks Nanak, ole' buddy) decided that she was in the wrong and she is now sick with exactly the same symptoms I had. Who's whining now, eh? I think the tough love should be warmly but firmly reciprocated.

It's Wednesday now, and I'm ready to ride, with just a minor hick-up in the training year.

For Thanksgiving, Ally and I will be traveling to San Antonio to hang out with my extended family that is coming in from all over the place. Some I have not seen in a REALLY long time, and I am looking forward to catching up, except..... We have a well in Atlantis (that's the field I work in the Gulf of Mexico) that may or may not start up on or around Thanksgiving. Awesome. Atlantis has a history of being ready to go at the most in-opportunistic times, such as holidays. There is only one holiday in November, but it wouldn't surprise me if I found myself offshore in Fire Retardant Clothing. At least on the rigs they are supposed to have incredible food on holidays....

No comments:

Post a Comment